Useful Information about the ALTA 2018 Shared Task
This page contains some links that you may find useful
when attempting the task. More information may be added later on.
- Dilesha Seneviratne, Shlomo Geva, Guido Zuccon, Gabriela Ferraro,
Timothy Chappell, and Magali
Signature Approach to Patent Classification. Information
Retrieval Technology: 11th Asia Information Retrieval Societies
Conference, AIRS 2015, Brisbane, QLD, Australia, December 2-4,
2015. Pages: 413--419. ISBN: 978-3-319-28940-3. Springer
- Fall, C. J., Törcsvári, A., Benzineb, K., & Karetka, G. (2003,
April). Automated categorization in the international patent classification. In ACM Sigir Forum (Vol. 37, No. 1, pp. 10-25). ACM.
- D'hondt, E., Verberne, S., Koster, C., & Boves, L. (2013). Text representations for patent classification. Computational Linguistics, 39(3), 755-775.
- Benzineb, K., & Guyot, J. (2011). Automated patent classification. In Current challenges in patent information retrieval (pp. 239-261). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
kernel shows a simple analysis of the data and the implementation
of a baseline that uses Naive Bayes classifiers. This baseline
appears in the leaderboard.
- CLEF-IP has run several tracks on retrieval in the intellectual
property domain, including two tracks on patent classification in
2010 and 2011.
Feel free to post questions, comments, kernels, etc. at
in Class competition page. In order to access the Kaggle in Class
pages, you need to register with this shared