Latest ALTA News
- ALTA 2016 Survey
The post-conference survey is now available. ALTA Participants, we would really appreciate you taking five minutes to fill this in
- ALTA 2017 Shared Task
The ALTA2017 shared task is under preparation... watch this space!
If you want to help organise the shared task, read the call for
- ALTA 2017-2018 Election
Following the latest election, we are pleased to announce the positions for the executive committee:
- Stephen Wan (president), DATA61|CSIRO
- Ben Hachey (secretary, outgoing President), Hugo.AI
- Andrew MacKinlay (treasurer), IBM Research
- Yitong Li (student representative), University of Melbourne
- Diego Molla (regular member), Macquarie University
- Sarvnaz Karimi (regular member), DATA61|CSIRO
- Trevor Cohn (regular member), University of Melbourne
- ALTA 2016 Shared Task
The seventh ALTA shared task has concluded. Thank you to all participants, and congratulations to the winning team, EOF.
- ALTA 2016 Workshop
The 2016 Australasian Language Technology Association Workshop
(ALTA 2016) was held on the 5th - 7th of December at the Caulfield Campus of
Monash University in Melbourne Australia, co-located with the Australasian Document
- OzCLO's best ever results at ILO
OzCLO, the Australian Computational and Linguistics Olympiad, has had
its best performance at International Linguistics Olympiad, Mysore,
Australia was represented by our Gold winning team from
Melbourne Grammar and our Silver winning team from Baulkham Hill. Here
are the final results:
- Team Contest: Australia won silver.
- Individual contest: 1 Gold (Max Zhang-MG), 1 Silver (Henry Wu-BH),
an honorable mention (Tom Ryan - MG) and winner of best solutions for
a problem (Max Zhang - MG).
Congratulations to all! For more details about OzCLO and IOL,
|Become an ALTA Member
|Subscribe to ALTA-Announce to become
an ALTA member. You'll receive announcements about activities and resources in
language technology in Australasia. Membership is free, and open to all
Discuss language technology questions and issues, and engage with the ALTA
community on the ALTA-Tech list.