Latest ALTA News
- ALTA 2016 Shared Task
The seventh ALTA shared task is now open for registration.
- OzCLO's best ever results at ILO
OzCLO, the Australian Computational and Linguistics Olympiad, has had
its best performance at International Linguistics Olympiad, Mysore,
Australia was represented by our Gold winning team from
Melbourne Grammar and our Silver winning team from Baulkham Hill. Here
are the final results:
- Team Contest: Australia won silver.
- Individual contest: 1 Gold (Max Zhang-MG), 1 Silver (Henry Wu-BH),
an honorable mention (Tom Ryan - MG) and winner of best solutions for
a problem (Max Zhang - MG).
Congratulations to all! For more details about OzCLO and IOL,
- ALTA 2016 Workshop
The 2016 Australasian Language Technology Association Workshop
(ALTA 2016) will be held on the 5th and 6th of December at the Caulfield Campus of
Monash University in Melbourne Australia, co-located with the Australasian Document
Computing Symposium. Submissions are due on the 30th of September.
- ALTA 2015-2016 Election
Following the latest election, we are pleased to announce the positions for the executive committee:
- Ben Hachey (president), University of Sydney
- Karin Verspoor (secretary, outgoing President), University of Melbourne
- Andrew MacKinlay (treasurer), IBM Research
- Kellie Webster (student representative), University of Sydney
- Trevor Cohn (regular member), University of Melbourne
- Sarvnaz Karimi (regular member), CSIRO
- Diego Molla (regular member), Macquarie University
|Become an ALTA Member
|Subscribe to ALTA-Announce to become
an ALTA member. You'll receive announcements about activities and resources in
language technology in Australasia. Membership is free, and open to all
Discuss language technology questions and issues, and engage with the ALTA
community on the ALTA-Tech list.