Workshop Programme – DRAFT
THESE TIMES MAY STILL BE SUBJECT TO MINOR CHANGES)
Monday December 8, 2008
ADCS Joint Session
3.45pm-5.00pm: (1 ADCS + 2 ALTA papers)
- Katie Bell and James R. Curran. "Answer Attenuation in
- Clint Burfoot. "Using multiple sources of agreement
information for sentiment classification of political transcripts"
5.00pm-6.00pm: Joint ADCS/ALTA Keynote
- Syntactic and Semantic Structure
in Web Search Queries
Prof. Kalervo Jarvelin, University of Tampere, Finland
Canapes and Drinks (Incorporating ADCS Best Paper Awards)
7:30pm-10.00pm Conference Dinner at Annapurna Indian Restaurant ($30 per person, not
covered by registration)
Tuesday December 9, 2008
9:30-10:30am: (3 papers)
- Andrew Lampert, Robert Dale and Cecile Paris. "Requests and
Commitments in Email are More Complex Than You Think: Eight Reasons to be
- Olivia March and Timothy Baldwin. "Automatic Event Reference
Identification for Text Summarisation"
10.30am-11.00am: Coffee break
11.00am-12.00pm: (2 papers)
- Susan Howlett and James Curran. "Automatic Acquisition of
Training Data for Statistical Parsers"
- Tara McIntosh and James R. Curran. "Weighted Mutual Exclusion
Bootstrapping for Domain Independent Lexicon and Template
Poster Sessions (posters should be
mounted by the end of morning tea time)
12.00pm-12.30pm: Speed papers I (3 speed
papers =30 mins)
- Femphy Pisceldo, Rahmad Mahendra, Ruli Manurung and I Wayan Arka.
"A Two-Level Morphological Analyser for the Indonesian Language"
- Michael Fridkin and David Dowe. "Lexical Access via Phoneme to
- Zhihan Li, Yue Xu and Shlomo Geva. "Text Mining Based Query
Expansion for Chinese IR"
12.30pm-2.00pm: Lunch (posters may be
2.00pm-2.30pm: Speed papers II (3 speed
papers =30 mins)
- Jonathan K. Kummerfeld and James R. Curran. "Classification of
Verb Particle Constructions with the Google Web1T Corpus"
- Simon Zwarts and Mark Dras. "Morphosyntactic Target Language
Matching in Statistical Machine Translation"
- Daniel Tse and James Curran. "Punctuation normalisation for
cleaner treebanks and parsers"
2:30-3:30pm: - Posters
3:30pm - 4:00pm Coffee Break (poster
session can continue)
4:00pm – 5:00pm: (2 papers)
- Jette Viethen and Robert Dale. "Generating Relational
References: What Makes a Difference?"
- Eliza Margaretha and Ruli Manurung. "Comparing the value of
Latent Semantic Analysis on two English-to-Indonesian lexical mapping
tasks: What is it good for?"
Wednesday December 10, 2008 (5 papers)
9.30am-11.00: (3 papers)
- Dominick Ng, David J. Kedziora, Terry T. W. Miu and James R.
Curran. "Investigating Features for Classifying Noun Relations"
- Joel Nothman, James Curran and Tara Murphy. "Transforming
Wikipedia into Named Entity Training Data"
- Jeremy Nicholson and Timothy Baldwin. "Learning Count
Classifier Preferences of Malay Nouns"
11.00-11.30am: Coffee break
11.30am-13.00: (3 papers)
- Cecile Paris, Nathalie Colineau, Andrew Lampert and Joan Giralt
Duran. "Fit it in but say it well!"
- Tobias Kuhn and Rolf Schwitter. "Writing Support for
Controlled Natural Languages"
- Ari Chanen and Jon Patrick. "All-Topology, Semi-Abstract
Syntactic Features for Text Categorization"
ALTA Best Paper & Best Presentation
1.00pm-2.00pm: Lunch (incorporating ALTA
Best Paper Awards)
2:00pm-2.45pm: ALTA Annual General Meeting